Você é a única Exceção

When I was younger
I saw my daddy cry

And curse at the wind

He broke his own heart

And I watched

As he tried to reassemble it


And my momma swore that

She would never let herself forget

And that was the day I promised

I'd never sing of love

If it does not exist

But darling,

You are the only exception x4

Maybe I know, somewhere
Deep in my soul

That love never lasts

And we've got to find other ways

To make it alone

Or keep a straight face


And I've always lived like this

Keeping a comfortable, distance

And up until now

I had sworn to myself that I'm content

With loneliness


Because none of it was ever worth the risk
You are the only exception
x4

I've got a tight grip on reality
But I can't

Let go of what's in front of me here

I know you're leaving

In the morning, when you wake up

Leave me of some kind of proof it`s not a dream


Ohh...

You are the only exception
x8

And I'm on my way to believing

Oh, And I'm on my way to believing

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário